Wednesday, February 25, 2009

A full day....

Yeah! Charlie let me use his computer! Now I can write a long and thorough blog! Well actually we are aI can't because we haven't really done anything yet, given that its only 10' o 'clock. Today is boing to be very mellow. We're probably going to be interviewing people on the street, finding out how they feel about the upcoming inauguration. Hopefully we can find somebody who had tea with Martin Luther King Jr. That would be really awesome.Right now, we are in Starbucks drinking coffee and trying to get internet. Ken and I are sharing a Chai Latte, a Mighty Mango juice, and a doughnut, and its really yummy. I'm trying to read the poems written on the wall of Starbucks. One is about fire, and a siren, and there coffee, and color, and passion. For my life I can't understand what the heck its supposed to mean. I'm not really sure what else to talk about. YAY! I think Ken just connected to the internet (its taken her a while). Now, we can work on our math homework.

Later that day...

Today was anything but mellow. After we left Starbucks, we walk about half a mile to a really old restaurant called Ebbits were I had my first (and last) taste of goat cheese. But it was really cool, because it had all these historic artifacts from the 1800's. Then we walked in the freezing cold for two hours around the mall. Me, Ken, Ofie, Chuck, the parental units, Austin and Charlie were freezing, but then we got hot chocolate and it was better. I then interviewed someone from Fox News. Finally we went to Martins Bar. It was so popular a while ago, that Kennedy proposed to his wife there!!! That was a really awesome experience, so awesome that I almost bought suspenders. Then we got some news that Obama was coming off a train in Union Station. So we went there and we went to were the police men were telling us he would be. But it all was a big stinken diversion. So we missed him. *sigh* Oh well, at least I can say that I was in the same building as him (which is true). And thats pretty much it. Oh yeah! I almost forgot. I interviewed these Chinese people who didn't understand what I was talking about. I asked them what Obama's slogan "Yes we Can" means to them. They answered, "Slogan? Obama will be very chilly". So ya. That is pretty much it! OK! I got to go, Charlie's computer is almost out of batteries. Bye!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment