Wednesday, January 28, 2009

We are one

There is so much that happened between yesterday morning and tonight, that I can't possibly explain it all. I'll just tell you about the We are One Concert. I think we woke up at about 7:00 in the morning, ate breakfast and then headed out to the Lincoln Memorial. It was crowded right when we got there (the first crowd I had seen all week). We stood in line for security for about 15 minutes, got through easily and walked towards the reflecting pool. About a third of the people who would be attending were all ready there, so considering there would be 1 million people there, we got pretty good seats. We got there 3 hours early, but the time went by really quickly. We entertained ourselves by playing cards, meeting and interviewing people around us, and playing labyrinth on Dah's iphone. It's kind of hard to believe that we were standing in the same spot that people of the famous "I have a Dream" speech were standing except instead of protesting racism, we were celebrating a black president. The concert was like a giant party. Everybody was beyond happy, everybody was singing, dancing, sharing, talking, it was unreal. As weird as this may sound, I think I will remember the concert better than I will the inauguration. Anyways! I got to go brush my teeth, its already 10! Good Night!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment